Unarmed Security Guard Requirements in Maryland
Unlike many other states, you must first gain employment with a Maryland-licensed security guard agency to become an unarmed security guard. Below are some basic unarmed security guard requirements in Maryland. Applicants:
- must utilize the state PDF application form
- must be at least 18 years old
- may not have been convicted of a felony, sexual offense, or crime that questions honesty and integrity
- must meet and maintain qualifications set and approved by the Maryland State Police
- must provide employer with a set of passport-style photos
- must provide employer with a set of fingerprints on a standard FBI fingerprint card
There is no required unarmed training for security guards in Maryland; the security guard agency is required to be licensed. The application fee is $15.
Armed Security Guard Requirements in Maryland
To become an armed security guard in Maryland, there are a few extra requirements. Those who wish to qualify as an armed security guard in Maryland must obtain a Maryland Wear and Carry permit, and complete a 16-hour Maryland-approved firearm training course. The fees to become an armed security guard are $75.
Begin your new career today! Be sure to apply to join our team at Security Resources. We are always looking for unarmed and armed security guards in Maryland.
Licensing Body: Maryland State Police
Law: Maryland Professional Code