Unarmed Security Guard Requirements in Texas
- The applicant must be 18 years or older.
- The applicant must have a high school diploma or the equivalency.
- The applicant must have the right to work in the U.S. and provide tax information from the IRS.
- A drug screening must be conducted.
- The applicant must undergo an FBI style background check.
- Thirty hours of training must be completed at a certified training center.
- The applicant cannot have any prior felonies.
- The unarmed guard is required to wear a uniform that states their place of employment.
Armed Security Guard Requirements in Texas
- The applicant must provide fingerprinting and undergo a background check.
- The applicant must undergo a drug test.
- The applicant must be a U.S. resident or show proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- A thirty hour training course and written examination must be completed in CPR and emergency first aid, legal and civil issues, crowd dispersing, criminal detainment, training in firearms, report writing, and education in the Texas occupation code 1702.
To learn more about becoming a security guard in Texas, visit SecurityGuardTrainingHQ.com.
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a security guard in Texas, contact the experts at Security Resources today at 877-477-9638.