Unarmed Security Guard Requirements in Utah
To become an unarmed security guard in Utah, applicants must:
- be at least 18 years old
- have a valid social security number
- have a Utah driver’s license
- submit two fingerprint cards or electronic fingerprints
- submit a certificate of completion of 24 hours of classroom training with a minimum score of 80 percent
- pass a drug test and background check
There is an application processing fee of $100 and an unarmed security guard license in Utah must be renewed every two years. Training may include legal aspects, incident response, surveillance operation, first aid overview, and more.
Armed Security Guard Requirements in Utah
To become an armed security guard in Utah, there are additional training requirements. In addition to the basic security guard requirements, applicants must be at least 21 years old and complete firearms training. The firearms training course focuses on your particular firearm in accordance with the rules of the licensing act. A certification of completion must be submitted showing you have completed six hours of firearm instruction and six hours at the range. The application processing fee is $100.
Licensing Body: State of Utah Division of Occupational and Prof Licensing